Saturday, February 27, 2010

21 Feb 2010 - Bike Rally

My first longest distant sport event that I had participated so far.. Bike Rally 2010 - 128km covering the outskirt of Singapore!!

It was an unforgettable experience.. One which I would never imagine myself of achieving it.. And YES, I did it!!! =D

I completed the Bike Rally within 11hours, although nothing to be proud off comparing to the professional, but to me it is something great.. I maybe the slowest and not with the strongest determination but at the end of it, I choose not give up!!

I completed it once and for all and I would not want to do it again (maybe for now!!) I am still recovering from bike phobia! =X

For a novice like me, who had neither been trained nor participate such an intensive sport, I felt more PAIN than glory after completing the event.. Haha.. Yes I know I am super weak! But I am still learning..

It is all about endurance! Enduring the physical pain, hot weather condition and most difficult part for me, is enduring my mindset of giving up.. There were couple of times, I am tempted to give in but I kept telling myself I could do it!!

It was this "I can do it" that keep me going.. Never look down on these powerful, few simple words!


Our rented bikes..




We reach East Coast as early as 5.30am..
And it is already packed with cyclists..




Ken had a fall earlier but he still good to go!
The spirit of "Never say die"..
Praise for Ken, thumb up!




That's me at the first checkpoint..
6 more checkpoints to go!!




Me at the finishing point!! Super shag!!




After the event, I had serious sunburn and my whole body are aching.. I was not in my best condition, couple of times I was quite down..

First few days of school, I had to limp slowly to school instead of walk.. I had to ignore the curiously eyes (for limping to school) and scary looks of other (for reddish skin).. And when I had to climb the stairs, it was like a pain in my _ _ _!!!

There were tonnes of things to be followed up after the event.. To name a few are drinking plenty of water, bathing with cold water and applying Aloe Vera gel..

As for now, thank god!! I am much better!!!! My sunburn are subsided and my dead skin are peeling off.. It look kinda creepy even my sister is freaked out by it! Haha.. I guess I had to wear long sleeves to keep it hidden for quite some time.. =X

And lastly no longer to be teased as RED LOBSTER!! Haha..

4 comments:

JsQuare || Jia Jun said...

nice one. I wish i also join this kind of event or even go cycling whole day.

Chin Hwee (Sky) said...

Yoz Jia jun, are you serious? Haha.. You must get mentally and physically prepared!!

JsQuare || Jia Jun said...

lol!! maybe i sld do some trainin first b4 i participate!

Chin Hwee (Sky) said...

Yoz Jiajun, yes you have too!! Haha.. If 20km or 40km.. I think u can!! But for 128km.. U gotta trained first.. =X