Sunday, March 14, 2010

14 Mar 2010 - North East Run

Today I had my 16km North East Run at Pasir Ris.

This is my 2nd longest running event that I ever run so far.. It will be my last sport events for the month, next month onwards I will be having exam marathon.. =X

Right now both of my kneecap are in pain, I hope it is not something serious and will recovered after a few days..

Apart from that there are 2 things that made me super happy. First I am able to finish something that I could not dream off when I was young and secondly I had received my 2nd medal for achievement..


Sporty Ken and me..




Group photo




Who is muscular? Ken or the balloon man?




Well, definitely not me..




My North East Run Medal..




My 2nd collections.. Thumb up!




Way to go Sky!!!




Yesterday my friend, self proclaim "Prof Chan", had a good talk with me.. Haha.. I am really touched that someone like him actually do care for me..

He had observed me that I had been quite stress lately.. (I think ever since I am in NTU, I am always stress.. Haha..)

I felt like he had hit the nail when he said that he felt that I am pushing myself mentally when I actually need to take it slowly and perhaps the slight nervousness of not being able to understand the lecturers and modules fully might be increasingly added my stress..

And my negative side of me replied him that I do want to take things slowly but Uni don't give me the chance.. Assignment after assignment, tutorial after tutorial, modules after modules, honestly it won't wait for you..

But I also do understand that the societies are very competitive.. We need to be fast learner, independent learner and able to adapt to changes in order to survive..

But as for me I would like to learn things slowly and appreciate the things that I am learning and one day able to use it wisely but not stretching myself beyond limit within a period of short time and rushing myself to learn like speed of light for a semester!

I believe there is something called life-long learning.. I wouldn't want to learn and forget at the end of the day and return back to lecturer! If this is studying, then it is pointless to me.. Haha..

And after towards the end I told Chandra that, if today is my last day on earth.. The last thing that was in my mind is studying/getting high grades because I had found other more important things in life.. And because of that I had become less ambitious.. I maybe slow but as long I don't give up, I am able to finish the journey!

As for me, life is short, live to the fullest! Cheers.. =)

1 comments:

Chin Hwee (Sky) said...

Yoz 無尾熊可愛,

No problems!! Live to the fullest! =)

Sky